Reports of email's death have been greatly exaggerated
I can’t count the number of times I’ve read that email is dead. But email as a marketing tool is not dead. It's alive and kicking. There is no other tool that can replace personal interaction and targeted marketing email can achieve.
The fact is email marketing has a much higher return on your marketing dollar than any other social media platform.
Email should continue to be an essential part of your marketing mix.
Why? Here are five great reasons:
- Email will make you money. It is still a top ROI generator from a marketing perspective. (Do we really need any more reasons?)
- Email is one-to-one! If done properly, your emails will build respect with your clients and customers. If your warm lead opts into your email list, they have invited you into their inbox. You are communicating with them DIRECTLY and have the opportunity to build a close and personal relationship. Don’t let them down.
- You can find out more about your customers through email. If your customers are opening your emails and reading them, you can start to ask them questions and gain insights into their preferences. This can help you to segment your database and target more effectively.
- It’s not difficult. There are some amazing tools on the market these days such as Campaign Monitor and MailChimp that can help you set up automated and campaign emails. The important thing to remember is that you need to write great emails that are targeted to your user. See our post on creating great emails for some quick tips.
- “Good emails make people open and click. Great emails make people think, feel, laugh, and act.” Justine Jordan. A great email campaign will help your brand achieve its goals. Check out our tips for creating a great email campaign.
Have I convinced you? Email should still be very much at the core of any digital marketing campaign. Use it well, and it will pay you handsomely.